Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Newlyweds!!!

Well we have officially been "newlyweds" for 6 days, and it has been so awesome!!! The wedding day was perfect, but went by so fast, I swear it was a blur! So much excitement, and so many family and friends that came to support us, it was all a little overwhelming! :)

When I had to walk down the huge flight of stairs with my dad I was suddenly terrified I was going to fall down the stairs, so i think I went a little too fast...hahah but I just had to get down the stairs in my 3" heels, then I thought I would be fine...hahah.

But my nerves had gotten the best of me, first of all I don't do well in front of large groups of people staring at me hahah, it makes me nervous, even when it is all family and close friends, and second I was focused on getting to flat ground, hahah!

Then I got to the alter where I had no clue what I was really supposed to do, but handed off my bouquet to my maid of honor as i had seen in movies, and turned to James, the love of my life, the bishop then asked us to take eachothers' right hand, and well lets just say we were both nervous and that confused us...LOL. oops! (that's right, learning left from right without hesitation might even come in handy on your wedding day... who knew?!?)

I was shaking, nervous, that everyone was staring at us, and nervous because we had zero time to even ask the bishop what we would say or when, and I was so sull of emotion I wasn't sure if I was going to cry, laugh, or simply smile, so my lips decided to quiver....hahah never had that happen before...so I was then worried I was possibly about ready to pass out... so then I thought, "ok..just don't lock your knees...ok. check" (Don't worry, I didn't pass out!) Instead James was trying not to laugh, uncertain of what my quivering lips meant... so he whispered "Don't cry" and that made me laugh little. Then the bishop got to the part where we each eventually said "I Do", and then said "you may now kiss your bride," and we were told we could do better hahaha, so we kissed again. :) Then, not sure of what to do next we started to walk back down the aisle, we didn't even think to wait for the music, and I don't even know how long before the piano player caught on and started to play... I didn't really hear it, I was too lost in the moment to really care either!

Backing up a little... we had a dinner before the ceremony, with our immediate family and grandparents, it was great, they all had a chance to get to know eachother, and our parents and some of the grandparents stood and shared a memory, story, or gave us some advice, it was very emotional and sweet. At the end, James leaned over to me and said, "I wasn't going to cry during this part!" It was so cute :) He cried quite a bit, and so did I, it was such a good way to start the day really, my dad shared a story about me, barely able to run, running out to our peach tree where we had a small strawberry patch beneath it, to pick my dad a good strawberry. James' step-dad talked and thanked James for doing something he never could, giving his wife a daughter. (James' mom has 6 boys, so as you can imagine, she had always wanted a girl!)

During the reception, we had many friends and neighbors and distant relatives come to show their support, and one moment I won't ever forget about that day was when James' Grandma came and said that his older cousins, Katie, would like to sing for us. We should have walked out the other end of the building so that everyone could have heard her, she was amazing. She sang accapella, "I will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, and it was so amazing, Seriously, she needs to sing professionally! We both started to cry during this too, hahah...but you probably would have too just because of her amazing talent. It was awesome! :) Too bad someone didn't record it, but maybe one day I'll record her singing and put it on here for you guys, just so you know I'm not lying! :)

Our flowers turned out to be beautiful, I loved them! The huge alter arrangements were stunning, I of course, loved my dress, James looked ridiculously hot in his tux, and it was the best day ever! I can't wait to see some pictures!!!

For our honeymoon, we just went to Salt lake for a couple of nights to have a little get-a-way, without breaking the bank! We decided to do this because we also are buying a house!! YAY! I know I have mentioned it on here before, but we have it under contract, and we were worried for a little while about the old sewer line, but we had it checked out and it was in really good shape, so the deal is still on! We close at the end of the month and get to move in hopefully the 3rd of April! For now we are just staying at his dad's house. But we cannot wait to move into our first house together!!! Its going to be so much fun! On monday we walked around Lowes, and Home Depot, thinking of things we could do to make the house ours, and I picked out paint colors, we looked at tile, bathroom vanities, and light fixtures! It was so much fun!!!

Anyways, I just thought I would share a little about our wedding day, and the beginning of our lives together! The wedding day really was perfect, and you can't plan every detail, so we had some funny "blooper" moments, and moments where we wern't sure what we were supposed to be doing, but it was still so much fun and we loved every moment of it! I'm sure when we see all of our pictures, we will remember more stories to share too! We are so excited about starting our lives together!!! So stay tuned for more stories and pictures from our journey together! :)

Love,
James & Caitlin Kopecky :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy wedding day! I'm so, so sad I couldn't see how beautiful you looked. Your day sounds so perfect. I was ridiculously nervous before I walked down the aisle on my wedding day. I'd been excited all day, but when I actually got there and thought about all the people who were there, I was a nervous wreck. It all ended up being so much fun though. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Isn't being married the most wonderful thing EVER? I'm so happy your day went splendidly and that everything was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cait,
    I think the piano player caught on as Clint and I were about halfway back down the aisle. :) It was a beautiful wedding. Perfection my friend. The cheescake was divine and I'm not sure about the cake bc those folk clean up pretty fast at the end of the party! It looked nice and yummy though.
    Madison really wants to talk to you about those catalog party favors from your bacholorette party.;) HILARIOUS! She thinks you picked them out to give to us. Tried to explain to her that there were from Colleen Rose like 10 times. on dear..
    Love you Mrs. Kopecky!
    Kal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cait--I have to admit I wasn't all that excited to go to your reception... only because I HATE the awkward run in with old friends where they look at me like--oh my you've changed-- and then my un social husband standing off in the distance and my loud son screaming HELLO at everyone. It was good to see Kalli, even though I'm not too sure she knew it was me. You looked beautiful! I'm so happy that you had such a great day. You're going to love married life. It's everything and nothing you ever thought it could be. My advice to you is that... don't let money start a fight and always talk it out before you get too mad. So glad you found prince charming!

    ReplyDelete