Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our first weekend being engaged!

okay, well it really wasn't too exciting haha...James had to work this weekend and he works graveyards. And he didnt have to work friday so he slept all day and night friday so he could just stay up all day saturday with me! :) We just relaxed watched some rented movies, went to lunch, and got ice cream later on! Since we only had saturday the weekend went by way too fast! We usually are able to hang out sundays for a few hours...so it was kinda lame! haha,... but I can't wait for next weekend and then in a couple weeks we took off three days before the weekend together so that we can have a little vacation and have an extra long weekend together (5 whole days!!) I can't wait!

oh and p.s. sad story, the day after he proposed i lost a diamond at work! amazingly enough i found it! and so the sad part is that after i just got my ring..finally! i have to give it up for the jeweler to send it out to be fixed...for 5 DAYS! ugh! sad huh? I was so mad! oh well i just can't wait to get it back this friday, im dropping it off in the morning. :(

Anyways, my weekend was short and sweet, but james and i had fun and really are enjoying being engaged! :D

So, question for my few followers... who did your wedding photography? where was your reception (and ceremony if somewhere other than the temple?) And well...where did you start with all this planning?! hahaha...

4 comments:

  1. That's funny a diamond fell off right after you got it!! Something like that happened to me too. Literally, like a WEEK before our wedding, I also lost a diamond!! Conveniently, Jeremy got a warranty for the ring, so all damages were covered, but I was freaking out it wouldn't be done in time for the wedding!! But it was, haha.

    Oh and about my photography, this lady named Shana did mine, she is really good! www.shanawhipplephotography.com

    And I had my reception at an LDS chapel...like everyone else in Utah, haha, so if you can spare the money I would totally recommend getting a reception center!

    And the planning can be stressful but it's still way fun! Good luck girl! If you need anything, let me know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Okay, I LOVED The Point. They recommend no more than 150 for the ceremony, but that's still a lot more than I could find anywhere else. It was such a beautiful setup! I'll post some reception pictures this week so you can see them. We had our ceremony and reception there, and they were really quick to make the switch after the ceremony. They provided food out in the foyer, and our guests socialized there while the reception got set up (which was only about 15 minutes - so fast!). They do make you use their catering. They have so many selections though. We had a ton of food because that's the way my mom wanted it, but they're not pushy at all with what you want to do. It didn't feel crowded at all. We had the perfect amount of seats for our ceremony, and then we just invited everyone else for the reception. They had lots of tables set up (and they let you determine how many tables you want, how you want them set up, etc), and they still left space for a dance floor because I wanted dancing at the reception. Sorry I just wrote you a novel. For sure let me know if you have more questions about The Point though. I loved getting married and having my reception there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff! My photographer was Mitt Gibby with Solana Photography. He was good, but I'm not sure if he's working there anymore. I totally recommend Courtney Beck (http://courtneybeck.squarespace.com/) though, she's amazing! Also, Ciara Maguire Richardson (http://fancybredphotography.squarespace.com/)does photography now and is also amazing!!

    Anyway, I had my reception at my church. Free is always good! :)

    Also, let me know if you're interested in custom wedding invites! I would love to design one for you, and the possibilities are endless! :) www.nonsensicalinvites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm back with more answers to your questions (do you feel like I hog all your comment space or what?). We had a deejay for our wedding, which I actually really liked. A live band would have been neat, but we never really looked into it. I met with my deejay beforehand to talk about everything I wanted: what our first dance would be, my dance with my dad, Danny's dance with his mom, what I wanted played when I walked down the aisle, etc. I also mentioned some songs that I'd like played during the night (and the one song I did NOT want played: the chicken dance!), and they played everything I had mentioned. The deejay also took requests (they asked me ahead of time if it was okay for them to take requests or not; they won't take them if you say no), so some of the guests requested songs they wanted to dance to.

    Here's the other thing: we had so many people dancing at our wedding! Dancing isn't really a big thing here in Utah, so my hubby didn't think anyone would dance, but everyone really had a great time dancing all night. But I don't think it'll happen if you're not willing to dance yourself. I got out there with my girlfriends and started dancing, and pretty soon everyone else followed. It was a lot of fun. But I went to another wedding reception in May, and the bride really wanted everyone to dance, but she wouldn't dance herself, so it didn't really catch on. Not sure if that's always the case, but it was at those two weddings.

    Sorry I always give you such long answers. Hope this helps though!

    ReplyDelete